RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Canon 7d error 20 any suggestions, i was on a boat and the

Customer Question

hi canon 7d error 20 any suggestions
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i was on a boat and the camera cot splashed
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon 7d mk1 3 year old hardly used
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much on web just tells me it is mechanical
JA: The camera expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: canon hopless website came accoroos you
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 3 months ago.

Try a hard reset on the camera by removing the main battery, memory card, lens and the date battery using the information attached. Once these have been removed, turn the camera to "ON" and allow it to sit for thirty minutes. Turn the camera to "OFF", reinstall both batteries, the lens and the memory card and try it out. Please let me know the result.

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Thank you