p0llinate
p0llinate, Customer Service
Experience:  Digital Camera support expert
59725966

MY HOUSE IS BEING BURGLARIZED repeatedly BY SOMEONE WEARING

Customer Question

HELLO, MY HOUSE IS BEING BURGLARIZED repeatedly BY SOMEONE WEARING A FULL MASK and a LIGHT/or MIRROR REFLECTOR TO HIDE THEIR FACIAL FEATURES AND IDENTITY ON CAMERA. MY SECURITY SYSTEM HAS INFRARED CAMERAS AND PICK UP SOMEONE LAYING ON THE GROUND IN THE SHADOWS with a blanket over them. THEY KEPT OPENING AND CLOSING IT IN THE 30 SECOND CLIP. THESE CLIPS ARE EXTREMELY BLURRY WHEN I ZOOM IN WITH LARGE PIXELS BUT YOU CAN SEE IT IS A PERSON IN A DISGUISE. MAY I SEND YOU A VIDEO CLIP AND A STILL PHOTO OF THEIR FACE THAT I TOOK OFF THE VIDEO USING MY IPHONE? I ENLARGED IT AND WAS SCARED AT WHAT I SAW. PERHAPS YOU CAN TELL ME HOW THESE LOW LIFES ARE HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT. I TRIED LAYING IN THE SAME SPOT AND YOU COULD SEE ME PLAIN AS DAY, so they are using some type of software or device...... PLEASE HELP!
Category: Digital Cameras
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IT LOOKS LIKE THEY MAY USE THE ANGLE OF THE SUN AS WELL AS A MASK BUT THAT DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE BLURRINESS..OR HOW THEY ARE TRANSFERRING THESE CRAZY IMAGES ONTO MY SECURITY CAMERA. I ALSO HAVE ADDITIONAL STILL PHOTOS I TOOK FROM A DROPCAM SECURITY CAMERA THAT SHOWS A SKELETON.. THAN THE IMAGE OF SEVERAL BLURRY FEMALE FACES...WITH SOME TYPE OF DEVICE ON THEIR HEAD.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
CAN I SEND YOU THESE PHOTOS FROM MY CELL PHONE?
Expert:  p0llinate replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you are using a standard always on infrared (night vision) type camera, then what they are using is most likely just a mylar blanket type of reflector to wrap themselves in, it would reflect most of the light and block them from being seen (example: http://amzn.to/2a6ruOh ).

If you had system with a flash, there are some garments that can confuse the auto exposure on a still camera, but that doesn't sound like what you are experiencing.

There are also masks or glasses that some thieves will wear that have a strong infrared light source built into them, which washes out the image that the camera sees.

Your best way around any of these things would be to put in motion lights or flood lights that will do a good job of lighting up the area so that the cameras can switch over to color/daytime mode and better pick up the people .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THIS IS NOT SEEN AT NIGHT. IT IS 95 PERCENT SEEN DURING THE LIGHT OF DAY, THAT IS WHY I MENTIONED THE SUN. I AGREE ABOUT THE MYLAR BLANKET...IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE THEY WEAR CLOTHING THAT MATCHES THE OUTSIDE GROUND...BUT HOW ARE THEY CONFUSING the image on my CAMERAS? WITH WHAT? THERE ARE IMAGES OF WOMEN AND THIS SKELETON THING ON MY DROPCAM THESE WERE OBVIOUSLY NOT IN REAL TIME AS THE CAMERA SEES IT BUT I CANNOT ONLY ON THE CAMERA...HOW ARE THEY DOING THIS? THEY ALSO DID ONE AT NIGHT THAT LOOKED ETHERIAL...A GHOST LIKE FIGURE WITH FUR OR SOMETHING AS A COSTUME KNEELING DOWN IN THE SNOW FROM LAST WINTER. IT WAS 20 DEGREES BELOW ZERO THAT NIGHT..SO HOW IS IT POSSIBLE? A GREEN SCREEN? SOMEWHERE ELSE? THE SECURITY VIDEO HAD THEM IN IT FOR HOURS IN BELOW ZERO WEATHER..... COULD THEY HAVE BEEN USING A CAMERA WITH VIDEO SOFTWARE TO CREATE THIS STUFF aimed BACK AT MINE? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IF POSSIBLE I NEED TO SEND YOU SOME IMAGES,,,SO U CAN SEE THIS. IT NEEDS TO BE SEEN TO BE ANSWERED I THINK. THANKS, KATHLEEN

You can upload the files here using the paperclip/attach button

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too, just let me know. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Who put a security hold on my account?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have a paypal account but don't want to be billed twice....what is wrong with the credit card i have used it 25 years.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also sending my pictures failed....mail said it was not a valid email. can u please give me an email address???? i don't know how to send attachments or where to send them. photos are on my phone but need a valid email kathleen

I don't know exactly what the issue was, if you used paypal then you likely need to increase your deposit for the added cost of the call.

We can't email directly, you need to respond on the site as you have been in the chat here, and click on the paperclip/attachment icon to upload the images.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says that 32.00 was charged to my Visa is that just a computer generated message before my card was rejected ? Order number ,16499418-770 want to clear this up before PayPal kathleen

I'm just the tech, I can't access any billing or account info,

the first part was for our chat, the call is a separate fee that you would authorize, you can contact customer service from the help page if needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
BURGLARY

Thanks, ***** ***** 3 photos, but don't really have any context for them, I don't see any people.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I DONT THINK THIS IS GOING TO WORK. I WILL CALL JUST ANSWER TOMORROW WITH THE CREDIT CARD ISSUE AND WE CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE NATHAN. ITS JUST A BAD NIGHT..NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT. THE PHOTOS YOU ARE LOOKING AT ARE THE BURGLARS FACES AND ONE DRESSED LIKE A MUMMY.. BUT THEY ARE ALL BLURRY LIKE I SAID...YOU HAVE TO REALLY STUDY IT TOO SEE THEM. ONE HAS A HAT ON AND IS LAYING ON THE GROUND...YOU ONLY SEE HER HEAD...ONE IS ZOOM IN YOU SEE HER EYES PERFECTLY BEHIND A MASK AND ONE PHOTO IS SOMEONE IN MY BUSHES BEHIND THE STONE WALL AT MY HOME DRESSED LIKE A MUMMY. WE WILL TALK SOON HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP ME BUT NOT TONIGHT. BEST, ***** *****

No problem, Kathleen, I'll be happy to help out at your convenience.

Do you need more help with this?