GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I've been able to use wifi to send photos from my Lum

Customer Question

For months, I've been able to use wifi to send photos from my Lumix ZS-40 to my PC or tablet. As of a week or so ago, I can't; the camera will connect to my home wifi, but none of my computers show up on the list of available computers any longer. What would explain the change?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I see that you've reset your modem several times, but often, something as simple as shutting down and restarting the computers themselves will work. We tend to get into the habit of just putting devices to sleep rather than actually shutting them down and restarting them. It would actually be a good idea to turn off everything (camera, pc, tablet, router, etc) and then turn them back on one by one. Router first, then after it is completely up, turn on computer, then tablet, then camera.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know how this works for you. If this doesn't work for you please let me know and we'll look into other possibilities for troubleshooting. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No such luck...
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that didn't work. I had hoped that it would. From the research that I have done I have found that this is quite a common problem with these cameras and it is rarely easy to solve, therefore I will "opt out" and allow another expert who may actually have one of these cameras to work on this question for you. Don't worry. You won't have to repeat anything. The new expert will see our entire conversation. You will be notified by email wen someone else picks it up. Thank you for your patience. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Alison. Well, I think I just solved the problem. I deleted and replaced the shared folders in my PC and tablet, and now my Lumix detects them and everything is back to normal. Thank you for trying.Brian