Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Old Epson PC3000Z LCD Screen will not illuminate even when

Customer Question

Old Epson PC3000Z LCD Screen will not illuminate even when connected to AC adapter
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again. Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again. Try other functions of the camera - take a picture for example, then load it onto your computer, and see whether it still is taking pictures... if not, then let me know, and that would be a special case that I might be able to help you with.How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it. Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?