Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have the flashing 62-10 on my Sony Cyber.shot camera.

Customer Question

Hi. I have the flashing 62-10 on my Sony Cyber.shot camera. what do I need to do to correct this situation? it also gives a "turn the power off and back on again" no change in the results. Do I need to take the camera in to a repair center? Thank you, ***** ***** *****@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I think that you may have a serious problem with your camera. The following suggestions and questions might help, or give me data with which to advise you further: Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again. How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like? If less than a year old, and if none of the above suggestions helped, your camera is still within warranty, and should be sent to a Sony eservice center:https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do One dubious solution is to remove the battery and the memory card, and gently slap the camera, to joggle a possibly loose internal connection. But this sounds very dubious... sending it to a service center for Sony cameras may be your only recourse, unfortunately.