Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Digital media expert, Computer program and operating system expert
63817454

Why does my Sony Cyber Shot keep telling me to reinsert my

Why does my Sony Cyber Shot keep telling me to reinsert my memory stick? It's doing it with the old and new one.

There is a good chance that the card is not being recognized due to residue or dirt on the camera's card contacts. Remove the card from the camera and clean the card metal contacts with alcohol and leave them lightly wet, then work the card in and out of the slot multiple times. Next use canned compressed air to blow out the slot since sometimes the plastic spacers can break off of the cards and block the connection. . Please let me know the result.

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If, and only if my answer to your question is helpful and you are Satisfied with it, please leave Positive Feedback. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is a brand new card just out of the package. I have blown on the slot. It's still not working.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I further explained that this is a new memory stick.I was told that Russting was assigned just to me and now he is unavailable! I am not satisfied at all and I need my camera in an hour.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer. My school's Pre-K graduation is over so the urgency wasn't realized in time. I'm getting ready to go home so I hope to find an answer in time for the next occasion. I'm sad that I've been waiting since 4:00 EST.

Hello, I'm sorry you've been waiting. I didn't get the question until just now. I'll try to get your camera going for you.

First thing, for this procedure, take the battery off so we don't fry the circuitry.
Apply a liberal amount of rubbing alcohol to one of the memory card's contacts.
Run the card in and out of the camera. The goal here is to loosen up any dirt on the inside of the card slot, then blow it out with air.
Allow a couple of minutes for the camera to dry, and re-insert the battery.

If this doesn't work, your camera will need repair. Try this a few times until it works. This is the only do it yourself method for this type of error.
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience: Digital media expert, Computer program and operating system expert