Readyrmca
Readyrmca , Technician
Experience:  Over 700 Camera and Video Accepts!!!!
30429915

I purchased the Sony HDR-CX210 camcorder today. Reading the

I purchased the Sony HDR-CX210 camcorder today. Reading the operating manual, I am dismayed to read that the camcorder outputs files in AVCHD format and after my AVCHD files are transferred to my home computer I can not burn Blu-Ray discs that will play on standard HD DVD players.

Following a web search, I have located a software product named Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Production Suite. The tech info provided appears to indicate this software product can input AVCHD for editing and the output MPEG2 format for burning to Blu-Ray discs. Please confirm.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Readyrmca replied 4 years ago.

Readyrmca :

The software that you are planning to use will indeed work with your AVCHD videos in their native format, and burn a Blu Ray disk, but if you aren't wanting to do a lot of editing of your videos, there is a much cheaper option to using that program.

Readyrmca :

Their software is known for ease of use and it's what I use for almost all my conversions and burning. They do have an editing program as well that you can get more info about on the link provided. It's called AVS video editor. I don't currently use this program, but it almost certainly would be easier to use. It may be worth checking both of these out since you can get a full working version on a trial basis before having to buy them.

Readyrmca :

Hope this helps. Please don't forget to accept and leave positive feedback if I've been helpful. Thanks.!!!

Customer:

I understand that you agree the Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 software will convert AVCHD video to MPEG2 prior to burning a Blu-Ray disc. Thank you for your response. Your feedback did help.

Customer:

I will also investigate the AVS Video Converter software per you suggestion.

Customer:

Just scanned the AVS Video Converter website. Thanks again.