dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have gone thru' numerous skin archives and have not been

Customer Question

I have gone thru' numerous skin archives and have not been able to find anything like what I have.I sure hope you can help me.The hardest part is in the description so please bear with me.
My face is covered with this long white hair now.When I pluck it out,it's all sticky and stretches out.Then there's these thick black hairs and when plucked they don't look like anything I've ever seen.The root is a glossy black and the whole hair is gelatin looking.There's this clear strands that wrap around the shaft with these tiny spheres adhering laying all along it.Sometimes the root ball looks like a chunk has been taken out.
The long white hair looks like candy floss,and I wonder if it's why the black hairs are so thick and wet looking.
All of my pores have enlarged and look like black heads but they are not.
Whatever is going on,my eyebrow hair has it as well.I had stopped needing to pluck my eyebrows yrs ago.Now,the white hairs are growing from my brow down to my eyelashes.They stick to that thin skin and make it painful to pluck.My whole face is either covered with the white hairs or the black ones,no area free.Could this be a fungus?Oh please help me Dr.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi Dr Pravin,I'm trying to send some photos but won't be able to do it until tomorrow.Thanks Wendy

Thank you

Awaiting your reply.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
im really sorry about the delay of photos.I caught a virus on my computer and I have finally cleared it.Hopefully pics will follow today.Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 month ago.

Thank you very much

Awaiting your reply.

regards

Dr Pravin