Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had sex with someone I know about 3 months ago. A day or

Customer Question

I had sex with someone I know about 3 months ago. A day or two after I noticed some irritation around the foreskin of my penis, right side of my scrotum and the head of my penis. Nothing ever really hurt it is more of an irritation. I went and saw a urologist who prescribed some anti fungal cream and doxycycline to treat for a possible STD. I got blood and urine tested for STD's around week 7-8 after having sex and the results were all negative.
The skin on my scrotum and on the foreskin of my penis are shiny and seem to get irritated with soap and when I walk around at work. If I were to wet then pat dry the area it feels a lot better but then come back within hours. I have also noticed a couple bumps under the head of my penis that seem to disappear and reappear throughout the day in the same spot. The head of my penis seems dry and the urethra is red. My urologist seems to think it's normal but it doesn't feel normal. Any idea what this could be?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Usually, when something like this happens after an unprotected sexual encounter, the first thought that comes to mind is that of an STD and rightly so as well. You go tested at the right time and your reports were negative. The doctor has also ruled out anything abnormal that might be pointing towards an STD.

However, the symptoms you mention having currently are not of an STD.

STDs present with fever, painful discharging ulcers or blisters, discharge of pus, frequency of urination and burning urination. All or most these symptoms need to be present in order to diagnose an STD.

Your symptoms are more likely due to dermatitis (eczema) or inflammation of the skin around the penis. I would suggest that you see your Dermatologist for a more clear opinion on this and in the interim use a combination of antibacterial and steroid twice a day like fusidin H cream.

Keep the area moisturized as much as you can and abstain from sexual intercourse for at least a week. Try not to wear nylon and polyester undergarments and use pure cotton only, all these measures will reduce friction and irritation of the sensitive skin.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top of this screen.

Regards.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I requested to speak with a dermatologist, are you not?I also have pictures of the infected area for a more thorough analysis
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also is there a fusidin H cream over the counter you would recommend
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

I am a Plastic Surgeon and have extensive experience in dermatological issues, as it is part of my routine practice. I can look at the pictures you have and give you information but our conversation on this website does not substitute for a doctor's visit, in this case, a Dermatologist's visit in person. So, we are required to tell our customers here to visit their respective doctors.

Yes, Fusidin H cream is OTC.

Regards.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.