Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I have had very very itchy bumps keep appearing on my body

Customer Question

I have had very very itchy bumps keep appearing on my body since November. Nothing really totally relieve the intense itching. Some appear as round bumps, others as a oval raised area with a "tail." They will go away after a few days and others will appear. Went to urgent care and they gave me a cortisone cream and a methylprednusone pack. Didn't work!
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: Late November
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. not on meds (except as above), am 63. This is getting from bad to worse
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Is any other family member affected with same itching and bumps?

Can you attach a picture of this?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having very very itchy round/oval bumps on body since november is most likely suggestive of skin disease known as urticaria.A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become bumps & itchy.

You need following tests:

-Elimination-type tests

-Radioallergosorbent test (RAST)

-Skin biopsy

-Antinuclear antibody(ANA) tests

Radioallergosorbent test (RAST) is a blood test done to see whether there is true allergic reaction.

Already you have applied cortisone cream & taken methylprednisone pack without much relief,following is now recommended for you:

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor for tests & examination as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment.

• Take tab.Zyrtec.It contains Cetirizine & is a second-generation antihistamine.It is now available over-the-counter (OTC) & will provide you great relief from itching.

• Apply Calamine lotion.This will ease down the itching & provides soothing effect.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Mast cells are the cells in the skin and mucous membranes that contain histamine. Release of histamine causes the hypersenstivity symptoms like bumps & itching.

Also you may need skin allergy tests.Common one are:elimination-type tests.In this the suspected foods are avoided for several weeks and then gradually re-introduced one at a time and you will be observed for signs of an allergic reaction.Double-blind test, skin biospy will also be required.

Anti histamine drugs like tab.Zyrtec is the drug of choice to treat these symptoms and is available only.This will help you greatly.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Please do reply back.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your itchy bumps now?

have you taken the above described treatments?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Just to follow up with you:

How is your itching now?

Have you taken the above described medications?