dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

You have helped me in the past. I have hypochondria and

Customer Question

you have helped me in the past. I have hypochondria and really need help. I went to the dermatologist for a wart freeze. The PA saw a mole on my forehead and pulled out a dermoscope. She has no bedside manner. She said that is coming off. All I remember, I think is 3mm, with a second line of color around the ridge. Off it came. I asked what the chances were it was something, she said 10%. I freaked and said 10% melanoma chance. She paused and said, "No, , 10% that is is atypical, much less likely melanoma". My brain thinks she means 10% melanoma.2 months ago a dermatologist said it was just an aging mole that was raising and lightening. She did not use a dermoscope. I have had my skin there looked at at least 4 times in the last 6 months and no one said anything, but none used a dermoscope on that mole.I can find a dark flat mole there in pictures over 20 years ago and an elevated mole at least 10 years ago. Because I have oily skin. The pigment only shows from certain angles. It definatley got lighter first and then possible slightly darker recently. However, in some pictures it appears this dark for years. The biopsy can take 2 weeks. When my adderal wears off for my ADHD, I start to freak, so WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THIS IS MELANOMA.? I have no skin cancer history or family history
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are 4 pictures over the last 3 months
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1 and 2 were october 27th. om November 16th. I had IPL theapy to remove redness from my face, so it would have lightened it
pic 4 is november 24th, pic 3 is december 11th, I will load up a picture from November 3rd, just before the IPL
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That should read on November 16th I had Intense Pulsed Light . So the 11/3/16 will be the last before the procedure and pictures 4 and 5 will be after it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to make matters worse. I had a light chemical peel mid October. I was trying to get rid of the red and freckles so I would not freak out over them. The November 3rd picture may be the least traumatized in the group. I forgot you are over seas. My dates are in the american way. Month/Day/Year
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the November 24th pic ,may have pigment elevating from the IPL.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Can I help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does it look like melanoma and I requested a specific doctor. Are you a dermatologist.

I'm an internist

I treat skin conditions every day

This is not a melanoma

This is a benign lesion called a seborrheic keratosis

Is this helpful?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. I know it is a mole.it has been there since I was 10 and it has exhibited the life cycle of a mole. I have had a dozen docs over the years tell me it is a mole. I asked for a specific dermatologist. If he is not available, I only want a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. I have had bad experiences with primaries and skin conditions and in this case, I know it is definitely a mole