dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I've struggled with skin disorder on and off. I have Lupus,

Customer Question

I've struggled with skin disorder on and off. I have Lupus, Hashimos thyroiditis, fibromyalgia. I've had a biopsy by a dermatologist that came back " inconclusive " I've suffered for years with no advice for treatment, although I tried plaquenil which seemed to clear it for a time. It appears like chicken pox. Any advice?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: 20+ years!! It seems like it spreads & is now unbearably ugly, yes I do pick at it more lately. It's scaley, then bleeds. It's on back arms, and legs.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: New found kidney issues..had pox at age 24. Also Barretts esophagus, herd. I think that's it.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

can you send a picture?

just click send to reply