DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I am an adult who has not had eczema in over 40 years. All

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** am an adult who has not had eczema in over 40 years. All of a sudden it has practically covered my entire body. I itch to death. What is my next alternative. Help?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I had gone to a dermatologist when it was on my hands. He gave me the ointment Triaminolone cream which I had a bad reaction when it spread all over my body (legs, back, arms, chest). I have used moisturizers and all. Nothing seems to help. I had light reatments alos.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: There is swelling on the hands, arms and thighs. I really don't know what makes it better or worse.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing that I know of.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

You are clearly going to need to be seen.

This extensive of an outbreak is likely to require an oral steroid taper, which is prescription.

Any doctors office or urgent care can handle this.

Please click a positive rating on the rating scale [we are paid on the basis of positive ratings] and be sure to let me know if you have finished with any questions.