khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have one small flesh colored bump on the shaft of my penis

Customer Question

I have one small flesh colored bump on the shaft of my penis and one even smaller one. Recently had protected vaginal sex (male condom) with a new partner, and unprotected oral sex (she performed on me). The small one I noticed about a week ago and the larger one I just noticed today. What could itbe? Pictures available.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
adding pictures
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

It could be molluscum contagiosum. It is a relatively common viral infection of the skin that results in round, firm, painless bumps ranging in size from a pinhead to a pencil eraser. If the bumps are scratched or injured, the infection can spread to surrounding skin. In adults with an otherwise normal immune system, molluscum contagiosum involving the genitals is considered a sexually transmitted infection. It spreads through direct person-to-person contact and through contact with contaminated objects. The bumps usually disappear within a year without treatment but doctor-assisted removal is also an option.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does it appear to be the beginnings of anything else such as HPV genital warts or herpes?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is how they appear after 1 week

It doesn't seem to be herpes or molluscum contagiosum. It could be warts.