Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I have cystic acne

Customer Question

I have cystic acne
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have cystic acne?

Can you attach a picture of this?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

Cystic acne is one of the most severe forms of acne.It is an actual infection of the sebaceous gland.

For cystic acne,the aim of treatment is to prevent new spots forming,to improve those already present, and to prevent scarring.
Following is recommended for you:

• Apply ointment containing bezoyl peroxide like clearasil Max.It has antibacterial effects and can dry out the skin and encourage it to shed the surface layer of dead skin.It is available as over the counter without prescription.
  • Following may help:Mix equal parts baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste onto acne individually, not over the entire face. Dip a Q-Tip into the baking soda mixture and apply that way.Wash the face after 10 minutes.
  • It is strongly recommended to avoid spicy foods to keep cystic acne in control.
  • Sugary and fried foods should be avoided as much as possible.
  • Include more of fruits & vegetables in diet.Drink plenty of water.

Your doctor may prescribed you medications like: short course of antibiotics,steroids,Isotretinoin,cyst drainage,hormonal pills accordingly.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor for these prescription medications accordingly to treat the cystic acne and heal & cure it fastly.All this will help him greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Have you applied the above described cream?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh