How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask vakularen Your Own Question
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 3859
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H.In practice since last 35 years.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
vakularen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a red rash - yeast infection - under my breasts that

Customer Question

I have a red rash - yeast infection - under my breasts that has spread to under my arms and torso. I have been using clotrimazole cream. Is there anything else I can do?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  vakularen replied 3 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.If this is not responding to local therapy ,oral antifungals like Fluconazole,Itraconazole or Ketoconazole/Nizoral. Ruling out diabetes and other thyroid diseases,diseases which lower your immunity levels is prudent.Keeping the affected area dry will help.Avoiding medication which contain steroids is desirable.Your PCP will be able to prescribe the correct antifungal for you.