Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Second opinion] I have a painless bump on the base of my

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a painless bump on the base of my penis that noticed today. I did trim the hair saturday, but nothing more than that.What can it be?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 18 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you have concerns about a penile lesion.

The picture you attached indicates several ingrown hairs causing a folliculitis (infection in the hair follicle). Gently using a tweezer, pull the hairs out and then apply Bacitracin ointment twice daily for 2-3 days. That should heal the area. Also, you may want to get a new razor. This is not an STI.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 17 days ago.

Have you pulled the hairs out? How does it look now?