dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Just looking for some answers. Thought I was being bitten by

Customer Question

Just looking for some answers. Thought I was being bitten by a bug or spider of some sort. Though it seems as if that may not be the case. Is cellulitis a minor condition?
JA: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?
Customer: The marks itch, sometimes. One in particular is different than the rest (or maybe some separate problem) it burns and tingles and appears to be slowly getting bigger. Super red, not pinkish it is deep red looks almost like a large "hickey?" ha :D
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: a little over a week. nothing seems to make it worse or better.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been on a gluten free diet, by choice related to gastrointestinal problems. Crohns disease, diverticulitis and recently in Oct had flu vaccine and broke out in hives with a confirmed allergy to this vaccination. Recently within the past 2 weeks have been eating gluten in moderation.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the rash here?