dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have been treated by a couple dermitologists. It all

Customer Question

I have been treated by a couple dermitologists. It all started wiyth a raised place on my back side. The doctor looked at it and diagnosed it as dermititus oe excema. She gave me a topical steroid for with I had a major allergic reaction. This has continued for weeks. Incredible itching and it now is on my arma, legs back and remains on my bask side. Blood work was eventually done and it came back good except it showed that Iw as an allergic reavtion to something. Skin biopsies were taken and they came back the same way. I was put origionally on a 4 day sterooid treatment and it did not knock it out. 4 weeks alter I was put on a 12 day treatment begging at 6 10 milligam predisone tablets a day and then winding down. It mearly knocked it out but as soon as I left the steroids it has totally returned. How long can a person stay on sterioids safely and what else might I try for relief. It has been so porlonged that it really is effecting me emotionally.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: about 8 weeks.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

just click send to reply