Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have a question on my spots on my penis

Customer Question

Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you have a rash on your penis. Can you attach pictures? How long have you had the "spots?" Any unprotected sexual encounters?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I had a couple and it's. Been there for awhile but looks like it looks drya white when I do masturbate looks like it wants to go away
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I mean dry sorry
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

Thank you sending the pictures. The pictures represent small blocked oil glands that are under the skin and provide lubricant to the surface of the skin on your penis. The white spots are the "heads" and are not related to any kind of sexually transmitted infections. This is not herpes or any disease. May I suggest you use a moisturizing cream 2-3 times daily, this will help to reduce any friction on your skin.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im also a truck driver and my forskin cover up the head sometimes and I sweat a lot down there it only itches sometimes but my testicles do itches some time so I just wanna make sure white the spot on the head
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

The white spots on your penis are blocked oil glands. These are very visible on the picture IMG_3262.JPG that you sent. I assure you this is not any kind of disease. To reduce any type of problem under your foreskin, when you bathe, pull back the foreskin and wash thoroughly with soap. Sweating around your groin and testicles can cause a "jock itch" which is caused by a yeast on the skin. There are two things you can do to treat/prevent it. Buy an over the counter antifungal cream (Lamisil) and a 1% hydrocortisone cream. Apply one, then 20 minutes later the other. Do this twice daily to stop any itching or irritation. Again, this is not a sexually transmitted disease, so you have no concerns.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

Any other questions or thoughts?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well it's been there for like five months
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

The "spots" will not go away by themselves. They are normal oil glands. They are not associated with any disease or illness, nor are they infectious but rather they represent a natural occurrence on the body. No treatment is therefore required, unless you have cosmetic concerns. You can go to a Dermatologist and have them removed, but the chances are they will come back. If you need to have a name for them, they are called Fordyce spots.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

Did my last post leave you with any additional questions?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 13 days ago.

If I have provided you with appropriate information and I have answered all of your concerns, would you please provide a positive rating of 5 stars. Thank you. Should you have additional questions on this subject, I will be happy to respond even after your rating.