How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 3828
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am noticing red spots/rash like symptom on the head of my

Customer Question

hi i am noticing red spots/rash like symptom on the head of my penis - i wanted to know if this is something i need to take a closer look at
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 17 days ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

Do you have associated itching at penis head?

Have you noticed painful bumps?

Burning urination?

can you please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 17 days ago.


Thanks for staying online. I am posting my answer.

It sounds that you may be suffering from yeast infection. It is caused by a fungus called Candida albicans. The medical term for this infection is candidiasis.
It usually affects the head of the penis, it is associated with red rash and itching. This is not a sexually transmitted infection (STI)and it can be easily treated with medications. It is not a serious infection and has good prognosis with medications.

To treat this condition you need to apply clotrimazole cream two times a day on affected part.
You should take tablet claritin 10 mg once a day to control itching for one week. You should take an anti-inflammatory tablet like Motrin or Aleve 500mg twice daily for 5 days.
Usually in 1 week, you should be free from symptoms.

Also you should get blood sugar test to rule out underlying diabetes mellitus. Wear loose clothes as far as possible to help in air circulation, prevent dampness and faster healing. You should wear cotton underwear.
You should wash the penis with warm saline water and dry off completely. Since yeast grows readily in damp conditions, you really need to dry the penis well.
Kindly follow above measures, and usually in 1 week, you would be free from symptoms.
I hope this helps.

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 16 days ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards