dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Do you know if a dermatologist can freeze off a fever

Customer Question

Do you know if a dermatologist can freeze off a fever blister?
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: no it is a feverblister like a cold sore on my lip
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no it's just a herpes type lip blister can it be nitrogen off
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Caplan replied 19 days ago.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. Perhaps most importantly, I consider myself a patient listener. So far, 98% of the justanswer community of patients has found my answers helpful. I will do my best to win over your approval as well.

For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings from patients like you: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations.

Are you able to snap a picture of the fever blister you've got?

Expert:  Dr. Caplan replied 18 days ago.

It seems that you're not able to chat at the moment - certainly not a problem. I’ll convert the chat session to a Question & Answer session. That way, we can both continue to post questions/comments/answers, without time restrictions, until you feel satisfied with the information you’ve received.

Feel free to click "reply" to post answers and more questions at any time. When you click “ reply” and type out your comment/question, I will be notified to come back and answer. You are not charged more than the initial deposit, no matter how long it takes for us to chat, so this will just take the time restrictions away for both of us. When you feel satisfied that I have addressed your concern completely, you can then press "accept" and rate the answer so that I may be compensated for the time.