Dr. Caplan
Dr. Caplan, Dermatologist
Experience:  A family doctor, with medical and residency training in Boston, MA, patients of all ages and wide range of illnesses.
72350808

Second opinion] - I had unprotected oral sex and protected

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. I am 32 male with a clean record and this is the first sexual encounter in 2 years. I do not have any medical history and I am not on any medication.I don't have any symptoms at the moment - this was a few weeks ago. After 2-3 days I noticed a single red mark on my groin area shaped like an ingrown hair which did not hurt or have any feeling. I squeezed it on my own. Nothing else came up for a while but then a few days after that I noticed what looked and felt like a spider bite or mosquito bite on my right buttox cheek. That has scabbed over from itching.Then in the past few days (this is now at the 2 week mark) I have single red spots which are not itchy or anything but I noticed them on my thigh (right side inside). I am getting tested and the results should be back by Friday but I just wanted an opinion as to what it could be. I should also mention I am living in a hotel - so my first thought was it could be spiders or bugs, etc. Secondly, I work with a harness which I just started using and there is contain friction and strain in that area from the strap as I am climbing constantly. I have attached three photos - one is my right buttox cheek and the others are my inner thigh.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Attached photos
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Caplan replied 26 days ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference.

Either way, I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

From a purely dermatologic perspective, these look like scabies bites.

Expert:  Dr. Caplan replied 24 days ago.

Was I able to address your question to your satisfaction? Can I clarify, or address any other related questions for you today?

If you would, please click on EXCELLENT with 5 stars. My goal is to have only the best, ***** ***** patients, and believe it or not, we doctors don't get compensated at all if the responses are not rated with outstanding scores by our patients like you. Any other ratings suggest something was wrong and the doctor has not tried to offer you a chance for improvements.

If you have any follow up questions, I hope you’ll please save my direct link: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Thank you! Hopefully, I would love to hear how things go for you.