dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a bump on my foot next to my big toe on the outside

Customer Question

Hi, I have a bump on my foot next to my big toe on the outside of my foot. Having trouble to differentiate if it's a planters wart or callus. It's painful walking so I'm using those cushion plasters but not sure how to treat it. The color is white, pink skin around it. Sometimes a white head comes which I remove using a pumice stone which is very painful.It's also in the area where usual bunions form if that helps.. please can someone help diagnose this? Kind regards, Michelle.***@******.***
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Its been about 2 months... no changes, I've had toenail fungus on the other foot for about 3 years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I dont think so
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you upload a clear photo of the area?

a white head sounds more like a planters wart.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried sending pictures, have u gotten them? I just sent 2
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I hope those came through clear.. at the moment theres no white head sticking out as such, its almost caved in on top of the bump so to speak.