khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I've had small red flat spots on the end of my penis for

Customer Question

Hello. I've had small red flat spots on the end of my penis for years now and tried as many things as I can to get rid of them. They flare up occasionally and get really sore with red patches next to them. I've seen dermatologists one of which gave me an allergy test and prescribed diprobase and wearing lose clothing, which I've done. This didn't clear it up. Another dermatologist said to use aqueous cream or double base. Short term the aqueous helped, but long term it irritates. A doctor said it could be Litchen Planus but the dermatogogist at the GUM clinic said it wasn't. I did buy a cream from America which was supposed to help Litchen Planus called Emuaid, but this didn't help. I've also tried natural remedies and did an anti-candida diet for a year but this didn't help. My wife has been tested for candida but she was clear. I'm currently putting shea butter on it to try and soothe it. I've lost sensitivity in that area over the years due to it as well.
I was just wondering if you have any other ideas on what it could be or how I can get rid of it?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 26 days ago.

Can you attach the photos here? Did you have a biopsy there?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No I haven't had a biopsy
Expert:  khagihara replied 26 days ago.

It is difficult to say what they are. You should have a biopsy to have them determined.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I've had swabs done and GUM clinic has done tests and they all come back clear...no fungal life, thrush or STD's. The photo's are from when it was really bad and I took them to show the doctor as they would tell me there is nothing abnormal. Since changing my diet and killing off the candida overgrowth and being careful to wash regularly with just water, over time it has cleared up considerably, but there is still a faint trace of it over the head, plus the redish patch that gets irritated and sore after intercourse is rather stubborn to get rid of. The skin does also appear quite dry, hence using emollients(aqueous) and oils(coconut) and a water based silver sol gel. I was searching for good natural moisturisers for the glans and came across Man1 man oil which is supposed to help the symptoms I have. It's really expensive and the main ingredient is shea butter, so I just bought some organic shea butter, which cost a lot less and I'm trying that now as nothing else completely worked. It seems to work well as a moisturiser but I'm not convinced it will clear up the remnant of red spots. What could a biopsy reveal that all all the other tests haven't please? Is there any other natural moisturiser you would recommend for using on the glans please?
Expert:  khagihara replied 26 days ago.

Biopsy is not replaced with swab. You should have a biopsy for the diagnosis. It is not normal. I don't recommend any commercial one without the diagnosis.