How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have very sensitive skin, have been having a chronic and

Customer Question

I have very sensitive skin, have been having a chronic and persistant
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I have been having problems with my face since I had surgery on my back a year ago. I am 66 yrs old. I have gone to the dermatologist in the past but I don't want to go out. I have tried every product under the sun and nothing works, cleansers,blemish meds. I am highly sensitive and cannot use anything with salicydic acid . My skin gets sore to the touch.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I will not leave my house because I can't put makeup on. I have been on antibiotics, Accutane, cleocine T.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry about your sensitive skin.

you should see a doctor and get blood testing for your thyroid and hormone levels.

declines of body estrogen levels can cause thin skin and skin sensitivity.

you may benefit from nerve pain medications like neurontin or lyrica which could help decrease nerve pain.