Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have had pain around my groin area, testicles and lower

Customer Question

I have had pain around my groin area, testicles and lower abdomen. I had urgency to pee and it kind of burned while trying to hold it, but did not when I actually peed. I noticed a red bump on my penis with a white center, kind of looked like a pimple but did not pop like one as I kind of freaked out and popped it. A small little scab formed and is almost gone now. But I still have pain in my testicles/groin area. I've had slight itching but that is due to fungal infection I haven't been able to get rid of, I also believe I have folluliculitits as I get sweat pimples on my legs frequently when I sweat a lot. Could this be herpes? I am Sexually actively and these symptoms developed shortly after sex, starting with urgency to pee and somewhat burning sensation
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

This isn't herpes so don't worry yourself about that.

It does sound as though you have a prostate gland infection--not an STD--and you'll need to get that checked out and treated with a course of oral antibiotics.

The fungal infection can be treated with Lotrimin topical cream, or with prescription ketoconazole cream or oral Diflucan. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could I send a picture of the bump and maybe you can give a better opinion? Searching google has me on edge, and I am going to get tested but work a lot and haven't had time to do so.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Sure--no problem.

Let me see the pic

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The first picture is initial sighting, second and third is after popping or picking at it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Thanks--that's what's called a Fordyce spot--a small benign cyst and not any infection. They usually clear in a few days so don't pick at it any more

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok good, thank You dr. I've had pain in my testicles for quite some time, it started with a chlymidia diagnosis but I was treated for it. Then continued to have testicle pain so I got treated again. It went away for awhile but always comes back, but now with the urgency to pee and all the pain associated. My whole penis has a kind of aching and pinching feeling. Not pleasant whatsoever, especially accompying the urgency problem. Does this all still sound like the prostate gland infection?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Yes--very typical symptoms for a prostate infection and I treat those with four weeks of Septra DS twice a day

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I will get treated soon. Any idea as to how I might've gotten this? I'm 28 years old and relatively healthy/eat healthy and stay active.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Actually even guys that haven't had sex can get prostate infections.

As to why they occur--a little hard to say. Most often it's E coli that travel from the bladder to the prostate.

Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, so would you recommend std testing?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

No--all you need is a urinalysis and cultures sent to determine if it's from E coli and what the sensitivities are--usually it's very susceptible to Septra DS