Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Night before last I noticed redness, tenderness and swelling

Customer Question

Night before last I noticed redness, tenderness and swelling in my pubic region. I shaved to see if there was a point of origin as in a bite, ingrown hair or break of the skin. With a magnifier I could find none. The left side was more prominently inflamed, red and sore. Temp at 99.3 unchanging. Yesterday at 11 I saw a GP who believed it to be cellulitis, gave me a shot of some antibiotic and put me on 300mg of Clindamycine 4x/day. A few hours after my nightly bath I noticed swelling and redness increased. I drew a line around the area with a sharpie. This morning looks like it has come down a bit, or at least hasn't exceeded the line drawn. I read that cellulitis usually presents in legs and is often misdiagnosed. I have photos from the inception. Wondering about getting a second opinion.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a skin problem.

Can you send pictures? These will help me to help you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 30 days ago.

No pictures, so I will make some assumptions. If there is localized swelling and redness, then an abscess should be considered. Purchase Black Salve at your local pharmacy, apply as directed, this will help bring it to a head so it can be drained.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you