Dr. Caplan
Dr. Caplan, Dermatologist
Experience:  A family doctor, with medical and residency training in Boston, MA, patients of all ages and wide range of illnesses.
72350808

Is there a home remedy to kill face mites? Over a

Customer Question

Is there a home remedy to kill face mites?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Over a year...after vacation I developed scabies which was treated by a physician. She said should not come back. My face started scaling and I bought a microscope and discovered face mites. I treated with tea tree oil....which works for a few days....but they come back. I shower every day and don't know how to kill them for good.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have liver problems my "STEMP" number is ***** which is in the early stages and I have stopped drinking for over 2 years and my condition is stable.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you have scabies. Unfortunately there are NO over the counter effective treatments for killing the scabies mite. You will need to get a prescription for a scabicide from your doctor. This needs to be applied over your entire body and kept on for 12-14 hours. Then repeated, several times, so that the mites and the eggs are killed. This is the only sure way to deal with this problem. The medication is called Permethrin.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You did NOT answer my question....please re-read my question.....thanks, JIM
Expert:  Dr. Caplan replied 1 month ago.

I do not wish to interrupt your conversation with Dr. Stan. I have some suggestions that may help you if you'd like to create a new question, and request me. my direct link: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/ . Best regards!