Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Just noticed a bump on my lower lip. No bleeding or

Customer Question

Just noticed a bump on my lower lip. No bleeding or crusting. Trying to take a decent photo.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

The photo will be a help in making a diagnosis and providing a treatment plan.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sending pic
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wondering if pic was sent.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Trying again
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Got your pic and looking at it now.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Are you referring to your right lower lip near the corner of your mouth? Did you wake up with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, no. It is the color of my lower lip and right in the fat part of the lip, a little to one side. Looks a little like a pimple. I am terrified it is skin cancer. Noticed it a week or so ago
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

It looks like it may be a benign nevus especially since there has been no bleeding. May I suggest a visit to a Dermatologist for possible biopsy. This cold also be a cancer such as a non-melanotic melanoma.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Have you scheduled an appointment with Dermatology to have this lesion evaluated?