dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

For a infection that won't clear up on my face, scalp and

Customer Question

For a infection that won't clear up on my face, scalp and finger nails
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

why do you think you have an infection on your face or scalp or fingers?

have you seen a dermatologist to get a skin biopsy? you need a biopsy to help with diagnosis.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It all started with my nose running 99% of the time, then my eyes got very red and hurt, I could not go in the sun light at all without dark glasses, then I started getting sores on my face I have never had pimples or black heads NO BLEMISHES AT ALL I AM 56 YRS. OLD, had great skin little to none wrinkles, very long curly hair THICK. I TRIED TO TAKE CARE OF MY FACE PROBLEM, then my long nails got very brittle and was breaking my finger tip were very sore, then one day my thumb had puss coming out the side of the thumb, I tried to care for that and overtime I washed my hair lots of it was falling out, now I have very little hair, very thin and it reseeds very bad with very little bangs in front, I have very bad wrinkles around my eyes and forehead, around my mouth plus I have sores all under my chin and around my mouth and on my right cheekbones puss they hurt really bad and have a smell to them. It seem that I get one or to healed and others start. My fingertip have all peeled from dead skin my nails seem thick and yellow. That's how I know it is INFECTION. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. If u would like pictures I will take some, before and now.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

yes, please send me some photos. do you see the "add file" linke?

runny nose and red eyes can come from severe allergies.

sores on the face can be from severe acne or psoriasis on the skin. you could have thyroid hormone problems or inflammation in your body causing your hair to fall out

you really need to see a doctor for more testing and skin evaluation and blood tests to find out what is wrong.