Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have this place on my back and was wondering if you can

Customer Question

I have this place on my back and was wondering if you can tell me what it is
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** - I am a Dermatologist and will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I done the best I could
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please ignore the first one hit the wrong file
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It hard for me to get a good picture
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's about the best one I can get
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the photograph. This looks like a skin abrasion - basically the upper layer of the skin has been scratched off by something and has turned dark. It could also sometimes be a reaction to an insect (something called Paederus Dermatitis).

Neither of these are worrisome. Just apply an over the counter antibiotic ointment like Bacitracin on the area twice a day for a week or so and the area should come back to normal in 2-4 weeks. If a scab falls during healing let it fall off on its own - do not peel it off.

I'd be happy to answer any further queries you may have regarding this problem. If there are none kindly consider rating our interaction to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after if required. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I'm not mistaking and can Rember I think it started out as a bump like acne and think I poked at it which I know I shouldn't have could that explain it
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 month ago.

Yes totally - that was my first possibility regarding the skin abrasion. The same line of management holds. Nothing to worry about.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 month ago.

You're most welcome! Please don't forget to rate our interaction positively to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after if required. Thank you.