dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I am abnormally itchy. I had a spot on my wrist and another

Customer Question

I am abnormally itchy. I had a spot on my wrist and another on the top of my foot yesterday (not a big bump, just a targeted itch). Now I have a couple bumps (not pink or discolored) on the back of my neck that are very itchy and a few itchy spots w no bumps there on my torso. I had a very mild case VERY mild when I was a teen but no other history. I also have had a pretty bad headache for 2 days and a mild fever with general feeling of tired and just not good. I was exposed to my elderly grandmother recently who had shingles. Is it possible that I contracted chickenpox from the exposure to her? I spent a significant amount of time with her and in very close proximity daily for over a week while he was highly contagious (sores were open etc).
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 month ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla. I understand your concerns.

Do you have a picture?