Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I've started to notice some small pimple type sores forming

Customer Question

Hello, I've started to notice some small pimple type sores forming on the shaft of my penis, I'm certain it's not herpes as I have only been with sexually active with my partner for a year now and we have only been with eachother, do you know what else this could be ?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes it is
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Are these pimples painful?

What is the color of these pimples?

Can you attach a picture of this?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

I am still waiting for your reply.

Please let me know that if these small pimple type sores on shaft of penis are painful or painless?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having some small pimple type sores forming on the shaft of your penis can be due to two possibilities:

1.Folliculitis:It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.

2.Fordyce's spot:They are painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted – which they are not! They are abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin.

If you can give me more details- such as if these small pimple type sores on shaft of penis are painful or painless,with this info,I can narrow down the diagnosis & give you better answer.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor for clinical physical examination so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment(if required) will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

If you are done,then please leave a positive rating for my answer above the chat box.

If there is anything else that you would like to know, I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Is there anything else that you would like to know about these small pimple type sores on shaft of your penis?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh