Dr. Ashori
Dr. Ashori, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I have these bumps on my

Customer Question

I have these bumps on my butt
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 5 months ago.

Hi Dr Ashori here. Could you send me some images so I can take a look and see what these bumps could be?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bump

Are they painful at all? And have you ever had them before? Do they keep coming back or is this the first time you got them?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never had them they don't hurt

At first I was suspecting genital herpes which can happen in the rectal or vaginal area. But if that was the case you would have severe pain. The other thing it could be is what we call folliculitis.

How long have you had them for?

Most likely it's folliculitis, it's an infection of the hair follicle, it can take a few days to fully resolve. But it isn't anything serious.

Have you been with a new partner where you might be worried about exposure to an STD such as herpes? It doesn't fully look like herpes but I just want to be sure.

I would give this a few days and see how it changes, I suspect the blisters will heal over and it should be fine.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hurt like how

If they are painful then when you touch the blisters it would be really sensitive to the touch. There would be pain when sitting down or putting on underwear. Anything like that?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I never seen them before

That's good that you never had them before, so it's unlikely to be herpes or anything like an STD. It's likely a mild hair follicle infection. It should resolve on its own fine.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had a new partner but we used a condom

If it's not painful then hepes is quite unlikely, I wouldn't be worried about that.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if it was herpes I would not be able to sit

You would be a in a lot of pain, those blisters would be terribly painful and the whole rectal/buttock area would be really painful and sensitive.

So I wouldn't worry about and STD.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also had diarrhea been stressed out
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
These bumps came up yesterday but the red color one been there

The diarrhea could be from being stressed out. But the diarrhea wouldn't have much to do with this, unless you had to wipe more which I suppose could increase your chance of getting an infection there. But the infection would resolve fine on its own.

That's normal, it can take time for them to resolve and the red one could have taken some time to develop and resolve.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't shave there
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
N I don't have anal sex

Doesn't have to be related to shaving. And if you don't have sex in that area then I'm not worried at all about an STD.

Probably just a mild hair follicle infection. Even if you don't shave there you have hair follicles which can get infected for any reason.

You can use some epsom salt (salt, baking soda, warm water) to the area to help it go away faster.

But even if you don't do anything it will resolve in the next 5-7 days on its own.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how should I treat it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it itch a little yesterday

The epsom salt soaks would be fine. But if you leave it alone and don't do anything to them they will go away on their own in under a week.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Maybe they hurt a little not much I don't no
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Itch a little but I had put alcohol on them
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can i cover with a bandage how to shower with this bump and how to wipe

I wouldn't do a bandage, I would leave them open.

You can wipe like you normally would, from to back and you can try to increase the number of showers you take.

But it's unlikely that they are going to get worse.

Itching is normal as well.

Hope my answers were helpful.
Please click on "Rating" if you don't have any other questions so that we can complete this transaction.

Dr. Ashori

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My doctor called whe said its herpes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my doctor called it said its herpes i dont beleave it because i had no pain she prescribed a medication but i have did research and it looks like a infected hair follicle of some sort it does not hurt when i touch it even no i cant see any hair around them herpes look like they appear in clusters mines are inches apart from each other in cant tell what color the pus is but not im clean i use condoms when i do shave a do back there as well

You can still get herpes even if you use a condom but I agree, it doesn't look like herpes.

Just to be safe you can take the medication they prescribed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
could I be Missdiagnose even no it what sent to the lab

If it was sent to the lab the chance that it's an error is less than 3%. So if the lab test came back positive as Herpes then it's 97% accurate.

Again, if they aren't tender and you don't have pain in the region I doubt it is herpes. If it is herpes it may return. I don't think it is but I guess only time will tell, because if it returns then it likely was herpes.

From my experience having seen a lot of genital, rectal, oral and peri-genital herpes I don't think this is that.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, otherwise please Rate this post so that I can get paid for my answer.

Hope I was helpful.

Thanks

Dr. Ashori