dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  I have completed my training in Internal Medicine with sufficent experience to handle variety of patients having skin problem

I suffer from extremely itchy legs most days, there is

Customer Question

I suffer from extremely itchy legs most days, there is nothing obvious to see no rashes, hives redness etc. I am demented with this. My GP prescribed anti histamine a which now don't seem to work. Chinese acupuncture has worked but only short term.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dr abid replied 18 days ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 18 days ago.

Extremely itchy legs , not responding to Anti Histamine , without any redness , rash is highly suggestive of Scabies .

Most likely you may have Scabies .

It would be ideal for you , to have Permethrin cream , this is a topical cream that contains chemicals that kill scabies mites and their eggs which will manage your issue .

Apply it while going to bed , below neck in whole body and take bath early morning , repeat this for three consecutive days you will be cured .

Good luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”