dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have been suffering with swollen eyes and eyelid eczema

Customer Question

Hello I have been suffering with swollen eyes and eyelid eczema and hives on my brow bone since April of this year. Currently I use protopic instead of 1% hydrocortisone which can never fully get rid of the swelling. It seems worse when I get out of the shower. I have no idea what kind of shampoo to use at this point. I'm using cetaphil face wash and a glycerin soap for the body. I am very allergic to dust mites and grass and have covered my mattress and pillows but am still reacting. Any suggestions? Also have under eye swelling and ezcema on the back of my knee and neck. All food tests came back negative
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Since April of this year
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Severe animal allergies as well. Hypothyroid for 2 years. Severe gold allergy.
Wondering if it could be a metal allergy but was negative for nuckel.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

have you tried any systemic antihistamines such as benadryl at night time or allegra (fexofenadine) or claritin or zyrtec? these could help your eczema

also steroid or allergy eye drops could help your eyes as well.

seeing an allergy doctor and getting skin allergy testing and getting allergy shots could help .