Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I had a pimple in the corner of my mouth around 4 months

Customer Question

i had a pimple in the corner of my mouth around 4 months ago, and it hasnt really left at all. It never comes to a head now but theres always a little red in the corner of my mouth and if the food i eat ever touches it, it seems to get irritated and become more pronounced for a few hours. when i look up close at it it seems like the pores are clogged still. what should i do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today.

Can you send a picture?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

I haven't gotten the picture(s) but could this be a fissure in the corner of your mouth? It may be related to iron deficiency. You may want to visit your PCP for evaluation. However, I would still like to have a picture so I can provide more information to you.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you