Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I have had hard bumps on my head in several locations on top

Customer Question

I have had hard bumps on my head in several locations on top of my head over years sine I was thirty. They seem to disappear and new ones former. I have experienced a great deal of hair loss during the years.. I am beginning to fear them can you tell me what these.might be,,
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: 52
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really concerning this.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am here to help you. Give me just a moment to read and think about your case and I'll reply in just a moment.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

Do you experience hair loss directly over these bumps or is the hair loss dispersed over the entire scalp?

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

The bumps you mention likely are pilar cysts, found mostly on the scalp and they can come and go over the years. They are rarely painful unless they burst open in which case they have to be drained surgically.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

Hope the information helped, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

If you have any other question please let me know, otherwise please click on "Rating" to close this visit.

Dr. Ashori

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

Please click on "Rating" in order to close this case and complete the transaction.
Dr Ashori

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. In order for me to be compensated for this question please click on "Rating".

Thank you.

Dr. Ashori

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 2 months ago.

In order for me to be paid for this conversation please complete it by clicking on "Rating".
Thank you.