khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have random redness that is around my mouth. It is on my

Customer Question

I have random redness that is around my mouth. It is on my chin and goes up to right under my nose I am fair skin and the rest of my face is white.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Not sure, I noticed it about a month ago. No other concerns
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that I am aware. I have no clue if it is a food allergy or sensitivity I have never been test for anything I can upload pictures too
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

Can you upload the pictures here? How old are you? Are you a male or a female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Pain or itch? Does anything make it better or worse? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will attache pictures. I am 25, male, 5'10", I weigh 160-165. No weight change, no pain or itch, no irritation that I can feel. It is pretty consistent in the area and no matter what I put on it it does not change, sun exposure makes it more red/orange and noticble. No other symptoms that I am aware of, no medical problems, surgeries, medications or otc pills and herbs other than Melatonin at night. No one else in my family has this, or is as fair skinned as me either. No clue if anything has triggered it I have been aware of it since may or june of this year. It might have always been there but I recently took pictures up close with the flash on and since then have been doing so every day and it consistently there and noticeable. I am not sure if this could be a food allergy or sensitivity since it is focused around my mouth, I have never been tested for anything like that and there are not any foods that I have ever had to avoid.

It seem to be perioral dermatitis. You should see your doctor or a dermatologist to have exam and topical 1% pimecrolimus cream if it is perioral dermatitis.