Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

Our son is 13 years old. He has had bad acne for a couple of

Customer Question

Our son is 13 years old. He has had bad acne for a couple of years now. My husband is a pharmacist and we have tried every product out there, prescription (oral doxy or clinda-can't remember which one & topical antibiotics) and non prescription with no real effect. Over the summer, he was treated with prednisone which cleared up his face nicely. However, the day after he finished the treatment the acne returned. There must be an inflammatory component to his acne. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Since you have tried so many medications i would recommend you to see a dermatologist to get a complete evaluation of his skin under special light and consider isotrex gel or oral tablets ( vitamin A analogue) as it is the best treatment for acne vulgaris but you need to see a dermatologist first.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.