Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have a, red pimple like bum, i guess is the best way to

Customer Question

Hi, I have a, red pimple like bum, i guess is the best way to describe it, right above my penis in the pubic area, very close to my pants line. I'm nervous it could be an std or something.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: not long about two days. and i have not noticed any symptoms i could upload a picture if there was any way
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: well i did try cocaine the other day for the first time and idk if it could have caused this. i tried it the day before this bump. j
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Please attach a picture here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will these work?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

This seems to be folliculitis that is infection of the hair follicle. I would recommend you to apply Fuscidin ointment over the area and it will get better in a week time. Nothing much to worry about.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure what fuscidin ointment is. Where can I get this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
another symptom that I had that I wasn't really thinking about, and it could be completely unrelated to this bump, but every now and then I feel a slight burning when I pee. Not enough to make me scream but enough to cause me a slight discomfort. But it's not everytjme I pee
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Fuscidin contains fusidic acid which is an antibacterial agent and available over the counter. You can get it from any pharmacy.

Burning in urine can be due to infection. I would recommend you to increase water intake and take raspberry juice and if it continues get urine routine examination to check for infection.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

I hope this was helpful.

Let me know if you have followup questions.