Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

For a few weeks I've had a rash on waistline and I don't

Customer Question

Hi! For a few weeks I've had a rash on waistline and I don't know what it is. I bought new underwear that is 100% cotton.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: ClonZepam for anxiety
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just dry skin. I have eczema on my shins also
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?
Customer: It gets red and itches
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Is it possible for you to attach a picture of this?

Does the rash & itching started after wearing this new underwear?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having red rash along with itching on your waist line since last few weeks is most likely due to fungal/yeast infection.Another less likely possibility is of eczema.

Typically the area becomes itchy and irritable.Following will help you greatly:

• Apply ointment containing clotrimazole.It is available at the counter without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the rash/itching area.
  • Also you need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).
  • Also check your blood sugar levels.
  • Keep the area clean and dry.

If still after this,the symptoms of rash & itching persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your rash on waist line?Have you applied the cream clotrimazole?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh