dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have lymphedema ,a few days ago I notice I am developing

Customer Question

I have lymphedema ,a few days ago I notice I am developing sores !! Right now I am bedridden , how can I look after my leg untll I can get to my theropist?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. Do you need my pnone # NOW?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having bad lymphedema and swelling in your legs

you need to elevate up your legs above your heart level in a recliner as often as you can to let gravity help pull fluid out of your legs.

your doctor needs to help you arrange for visiting nursing home visits to help you clean and dress your wounds on your legs.

you need to see a social worker at your doctors office

you may need to be transferred into a nursing home if you are bed ridden and can't care for yourself at home.

you can call up an ambulance 911 to bring you to the hosptial for evaluation

from the hospital, the doctors there can assess you and treat you with antibiotics

and social workers at the hospital can help arrange for you to get into a nursing home where they can care for your wounds and legs.

let me know if you have questions.