dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I am a 68 year old man. For 15 years I have gotten what seem

Customer Question

I am a 68 year old man. For 15 years I have gotten what seem like pimples on the back of my neck at the hairline and lower however not as far down as my back. They appear in different places. They usually do not get a head or pop like a pimple. They are hard, red bumps and hurt when touched. I have gone to different barbers and do not have my neck shaved with a razor. I do not think they are ingrown hair because they come and go in different places on my neck. I wash my hair daily and sometimes put 10%benzol peroxide gel on the buimps. They dry up and go away then they reappear. Tim
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: At least 15 years. Nothing makes them heal or go away. They do so naturally then reappear.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you could be suffering from ingrown hair follicles or bad eczema or blocked skin pores in the area.

you may need to buy a loofah or a back scrubber that you can scrub the upper part of your back

this can be a difficult area to clean with your hands.

can you upload a clear jpg photo of your skin on the back of your neck so I can better help you?

do you see the "add file" link where you can upload a jpg photo?