Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

It started with a thong and sweat in the bum crack area.. a

Customer Question

It started with a thong and sweat in the bum crack area.. a few bumps and redness as well as itchy and burning sensation.. after a few days now it is spreading to my bum cheeks vulva wich is swollen and kinda hard. On top of everything it is constently oozing slightly yellowish clear liquid..I know it would be better to leave it to air it is leaking so much I don't want it to leak onto other areas and spread further. Do you think you can help me. It's going to be a long night till I can see a doctor in the morning.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am concerned that you may have developed a cellulitis. Bacterial infection of the skin and soft tissues directly under the skin. This usually starts after bacteria enter through a small cut or disruption of the skin such as may have occured with the bumps and redness and itching. The hardness is due to an intense immune reaction and tense fluid buildup in the area of the infection. This can spread very rapidly and can be fatal (if it spreads into the blood stream). You need antibiotics - oral or IV depending on how severe this appears. Please go to the ER and don't wait to see someone tomorrow because this can rapidly get worse - exponentially fast spreading.

Does my answer make sense and answer your question to satisfaction? I truly am that concerned about your symptoms you've told me. Please do go to the ER for this. It will only get worse and prolong how long you need to be treated until healed.

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my expertise. Please don't rate bad or poor service. If your aren't 100% satisfied, click reply instead.

Did my answer make sense? I just want to make sure you get medical attention today

Did I answer your question to satisfaction?