DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.

Red bumps on penis head. They come and go but recently

Customer Question

Red bumps on penis head. They come and go but recently increasingly more of then. I've tried elocom and lamisil together intermittently. But it keeps shoeing up. Penis head feels bumpy and dry. Feel ashamed to discuss with gf. Can you please diagnose this and suggest a treatment? I can send pictures. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

History of unprotected sex?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Please upload pictures?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
History of unprotected sex: yes, with 5 different woman over 15 years.
suffering from this for: About 5-6 years ago i had a minor case of this showed it to my family doctor he said it was yeast and prescribed elocom and lamisil together. Since then it would go and come back from time to time but never as alarming to me as this week. Before it used to feel like nothing when i touch it almost not noticeable but now the penis head feels dry and very bumpy and the bumps are in much larger numbers. they turn red in shower or under friction.
No itching feeling, No pain. Perhaps some very minimal pain when i pinch it or too much friction.
Also sometimes its as it the tip of the bumps are opening which leaves some very minimal pain when touched there.
No burning sensation when peeing. no pain either.
Attaching pictures now.Thank you in advance for details on diagnosis and treatment. Is it contagious and can it go away completely. Thanks.
Expert:  DermDoc replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Herpes,HPV infection, molluscum contagiosum.

These don't seem normal and Over the counter medications wouldn't provide you relief.

You should see your doctor and undergo blood work including STD panel,HSV2 IgM & IgG for further evaluation and management.

These can be contagious and you must do protected sex every time.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I feel like I was expecting more detail. It can't be just Yeast? You are sure it's STD?