Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I noticed on the opening of my penis head I have slight

Customer Question

I noticed on the opening of my penis head I have slight swelling and redness. Didn't hurt at all or did not itch. Just a few days ago though I feel a slight pain or discomfort during urination. But it feels like the pain is coming from just the inside or slightly below the opening of the penis.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

Did this started after sex?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Dr,* I have had unprotected sex in the past but was always careful of who I have unprotected sex with. Currently seeing someone. We don't have protected sex.
* I noticed that initially the past week that once sex began she had white creamy discharge which I thought was a bit heavier than normal and something I had never been used to.
*Currently not on any medications.
* I do have a stressful job being a business owner. But wouldn't say that I suffer from anxiety.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

It sounds that you may be suffering from yeast infection. It is caused by a fungus called Candida albicans. The medical term for this infection is candidiasis.
It usually affects the head of the penis, it is associated with red rash and swelling. This is not a sexually transmitted infection (STI)and it can be easily treated with medications. It is not a serious infection and has good prognosis with medications.

To treat this condition you need to apply clotrimazole cream two times a day on affected part.
You should take tablet claritin 10 mg once a day to control itching for one week. You should take an anti-inflammatory tablet like Motrin or Aleve 500mg twice daily for 5 days.
Usually in 1 week, you should be free from symptoms.

Also you should get blood sugar test to rule out underlying diabetes mellitus. Wear loose clothes as far as possible to help in air circulation, prevent dampness and faster healing. You should wear cotton underwear.
You should wash the penis with warm saline water and dry off completely. Since yeast grows readily in damp conditions, you really need to dry the penis well.
Kindly follow above measures, and usually in 1 week, you would be free from symptoms.
I hope this helps.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does this also assist with the burning of the urination
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear,

It is also possible that you may have urinary tract infection. It could also cause burning with urination.

Yeast infection may also cause slight burning sensation.

Please start with measures, as advised in previous post.

Also drink cranberry juice and drink plenty of water.

God bless you and take care.

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh