Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine

I'm 47 and I have had a spot on the tip of my nose for about

Customer Question

I'm 47 and I have had a spot on the tip of my nose for about 5 year. I went to a dermatologist years ago and they gave me a cream to try and lighten it so it would not be so noticeable. at this point my wife has given me some makeup that I use as a cover up. I would like to know what my options are do I try the lighten cream again or is there possibly some type of laser, or something else treatment I can try?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: No breathing problems. It just annoying.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No never had any type of skin cancer and pretty health
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

Ablative laser resurfacing is a relatively new procedure that uses a wand-like laser instrument to remove the upper layers of skin, such as in age spots. It is sometimes referred to as “laser peeling” since it removes old skin cells in order to reveal newer, younger cells. There are risks involved, of course, and treatments can be expensive (if not covered by one's insurance) so you should see a dermatologist again and find out what the latest options are.