Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Red bump on my lip....is it herpes?

Customer Question

Red bump on my lip....is it herpes?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you today. The pictures you sent could be herpes. How long have you had it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No pain or burning sensations. I've had it for 2 days..I shaved 2 days ago and drank a margarita with salt on the rim and then this bump formed looked maybe like a pimple tried to pop it but nothing came out...
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Herpes usually begins as a burning sensation followed by a blister. Since you shaved, it could be irritation from the shaving and the salt on the rim of the glass. From what you describe, herpes is not what you have.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 3-5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Can I provide any additional information for you? Please provide a rating, hopefully 5 star.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Did your razor burn resolve?